Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Who am I, you ask?

All'bout Laurie

for those of you who are afraid of paragraphs:
I’m Laurie-Gene. I’m a college student in NY. I’m gonna write about life. You can read it on here.
for those of you who like a good read:
My name is Laurie-Gene Seifert.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I am 5’7’’ and I have brown eyes.  I was made for another world.  In my journey to find who I am, I’ve come to realize more about who I’m not.  I can tell you with complete and utter confidence that I am not a replica of my siblings or parents, I am not a stereotype or a product of society,  and I certainly am not an ordinary 20-year-old female. In my life, which has only just begun; I have won awards,  I have embarrassed myself,  I have experienced unreal and incredible things, I have lost friends to cancer, I have been given responsibilities, I have let people down, and I have held others up. I was born and raised by a soundtrack, everyday music has influenced my life in ways that most people could never comprehend.  Its brings me out of darkness on days I’d rather forget about, and it’s made every “ordinary” second an “extraordinary” one.  Although first and foremost my love is music, my heart cries out to those who cannot experience it’s beauty. Sign language and myself–  it was love at first sight.  I had an infectious need to learn more and to share it with everyone around me, and having the privilege of being a part of the Deaf Community is more than I could ever ask for.  I have many passions in my life,  including reading, creative writing, laughing, and Snapple peach iced tea.  However, one thing in particular that captures my attention is God’s people and His breath-taking creation.
for this blog:
I want to share my world with you.  I want to make you laugh and cry at the same time.  I want to talk about all the girly shenanigans. I want to show you the things I love in hopes that you might love them too.
for my future:
I hope to know more about life, and how to live it, I hope to be knowledgeable in all areas I know nothing about today, and I hope to become more and more creative in everything I do. I’d like to be in a place beyond my wildest dreams, happier than I can put into words, and confident enough to be the best giver of advice anyone could ask for. I hope to become the best version of myself and to be living my life everyday bringing glory to the God of the universe, never for a second being ashamed of it.  I hope to be exactly the woman I dream to be — to be a fighter, a lover, and a survivor, to live my life with boldness and adventure, to spread love and care to every corner of the world, and to stand out– always.

xo
laurie

E-mail- thelaurieavenue@gmail.com
Twitter- @lauriesparks_
Instagram- @laurseifert

Vine - laurie seifert



No comments:

Post a Comment